Monday, June 16, 2008

Transformed...


Romans 12: 1-2
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


It would take days for me to share in detail how this conference impacted my life so for now, here is a summary of my experience at Transformed:

I learned that:
1. I don't want to be guilty of depraved indifference
2. I will have to battle the spirit of fear when I go to share the gospel
3. I want to demonstrate the fruits of the spirit and not just manufacture them to look good on the outside.
4. I want the cross to be as real to me as it was to Joseph of Aramathia and Nicodemus
5. I want to see tear filled converts and not fear filled converts
6. I don't want money, or anything else, to motivate me more than the love of God
7. I want to be on fire for God and it will take faith, love and compassion
8. I have to worship and serve God. If I am going to raise my hand in worship I had better be prepared to extend a hand in evangelism for service to Him.

I laughed, cried, battled Satan, drew closer to God, overcame fears and insecurities, quit making excuses, handed out gospel tracts for the first time (didn't get beat up), witnessed the power of prayer, met the people that pointed me to Christ, shared the whole experience with a dear friend...and I was transformed!

The only way that this conference could have been any better is if Emeal Zwayne could have been there.

I praise God for continually pouring His blessings out on me even though I don't deserve them and I thank Him for the ministry of The Way of the Master.

Click here for more pictures.

No comments: