Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Testimony (in a nutshell)...

For many years I longed for peace
And something that would bring relief
From all my sorrow, guilt and shame
I only had myself to blame

Time and time again I prayed
Jesus, come into my heart today
Each time I thought I had figured it out
But a short time later returned the doubt

Then one day on the radio
I heard a different kind of show
The Way of the Master was the name
Law then grace they did proclaim

Each day I listened so I could hear more
Then came conviction too strong to ignore
I wrote and asked for help one day
The response, we’ll gladly show you the way

In the mirror of God’s law
The magnitude of my sin I saw
Like a light the law did shine
On all the sin I’d tried hide

With my conscience having done its part
By making ready for grace my heart
I understood that I needed to be saved
From the wrath of God on judgment day

The good news of the gospel now made sense
I could be pardoned at Christ’s expense
Jesus bore God’s wrath for me
When He bled and died on Calvary

Humbled, on my knees I bowed
And asked God to save me now
For all my sin I said “I’m sorry”
And promised to live for His honor and glory

With a contrite heart, I did pray
From these sins I’ll turn away
I put my faith and trust in Christ
And at that moment received new life.


written by Wendy Branam
6/26/08

1 comment:

Dawg said...

good job Wendy.........oh, how many 'Christians' should so completely understand what you have penned here; but they don't.

Modern Christianity has turned so many pulpits into areas where men's ears can be tickled and entertained all the while the gates of hell are open wide for them.