Monday, June 16, 2008

New Friendship Gospel Hour...


The New Friendship Gospel Hour is a television broadcast that my church presents twice a month. It is aired on a local cable channel and is a wonderful ministry that gives us the opportunity to spread the gospel in our community.

Bro Hoyt could not be there tonight as he had to be at the funeral home. The lady that was scheduled to sing was also not able to come due to a death in the family. David, Wayne and Dink stepped in and did a wonderful job running the broadcast in their absence. Holly, Tracey and I manned the phones. Katelyn even stepped up to the plate and sang a couple of songs for us. All went well and God was glorified.

Please pray for this ministry and for the people in our community. I spoke with a man tonight who called from his hospital room to request prayer. I spoke with someone who is battling an addiction. I spoke with people who wanted to request prayer for lost loved ones. I spoke with people who just wanted to call in a say that they loved the Lord and were blessed by our broadcast. There are so many needs and I consider it a privilege to be able to talk to these people and pray for them and encourage them and point them to Christ. I always leave the broadcast with a different attitude than when I came in because I am always reminded of how blessed I am.

No comments: