Friday, November 14, 2008

Who Is God...

During my last trip to Memphis, I attended the Sunday morning service at Kirby Woods Baptist Church. I did a church search on the Southern Baptist Convention website and after reviewing the KWBC website, I felt like it would be a good place to worship.

I wasn't sure what to expect but when the pastor prayed the opening prayer and said "I pray that if there is one here that doesn't know you that they would be convicted of their sins and turn from them and put their trust in Christ", I knew it was going to be a wonderful service.

Rev. Jim Collier preached a message titled "Who Is God?" This was his opening statement:

"There are many different concepts of who God is all around us. We hear different things on the radio and see things on the tv and we read things in the newspaper and we hear things like well as long as we all believe sincerely it doesn’t matter what we call God. And we hear things like as long as we just love one another then we’ll honor God and we’ll all eventually get to where we’re going as long as we do what we think is right. Friends I want you to understand that while that might be nice and while that might be generous it’s not biblical and so we need to see what God’s word says."

I won't spoil the rest of it for you but please take the opportunity to listen to this sermon. I promise you won't be disappointed. It is directly from God's word and teaches repentance and faith in Christ. Click here to listen to this message in it's entirety. I pray that you will be as blessed as I was.

No comments: