Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Collaboration...

So much has happened over the past two weeks that I have not had time to sit down and write anything on my blog. Tonight, even though I am physically tired, my mind is racing so there is no telling what this post will end up being about. :)

I have been reading the book Do Hard Things which was really written for teenagers. Since I have two teenagers, I got the book with the intentions of making them read it. However, I wanted to read it first so that I would know what it was about and could talk to them about it when they read it. Well, it has ended being a tremendous blessing to me and has come at just the right time. I am working on a large project that is extremely hard and at times, even seems impossible. Chapter seven in the book talks about collaboration and how much more can be accomplished for God when christians come together and combine their strengths to complete a task.

One of the best things that has happened since I have been working on this project has been meeting some wonderful christians who are excited about evangelism and who also use the Way of the Master principles. One of them is Dr. Sampson who is the pastor of Parkway Baptist Temple. He has been helping me with my project while also working on his own. Here is part of an e-mail that he sent me today:

We are currently going through the Way of the Master again at Parkway on
Wednesday nights. The last of the series will be shown this Wednesday. I started a program called "A Summer of Soul" using The Way of the Master. We have over 80 people participate in street evangelism and have seen around 20 people receive Christ. PRAISE THE LORD!

I am leaving for Grenada this week on a mission trip. I have the opportunity to preach in a Soccer stadium that holds 4000 people. Please pray that the stadium will be filled each night. The men that are traveling with me have gone through The Way of the Master and will be using it there.


Prayer is also powerful in numbers so let's come together and pray for this trip and for this project (hopefully I will be able to announce more about it soon) that God would be glorified and that souls will be saved!

1 comment:

Dawg said...

Awesome!

I am encouraged to know that there are more and more pastors out there that are going back to the root of the Gospel using the Law before grace.

Preaching the Law and grace to 4000 people.....wow!

BTW - I have been meaning to get that book myself. My oldest is now 21 but I have an 8 year old who should benefit from the book.

Thanks!